Online Forum 18-19 February 2021
“Post-Conflict Governance: From World War II to the 21st Century – Lessons Learned (and Relearned)”
Register for 2022 forum
The International Forum on Peace Security & Prosperity, in association with the CDA Institute and the Italian Ministry of Defence, present
The first International Forum on Peace, Security & Prosperity on the theme of: “Post-Conflict Governance: From World War II to the 21st Century – Lessons Learned (and Relearned)”
Presented with simultaneous translation in French, English and Italian.
Aim: This Forum, will bring together policy makers, researchers, students, and other interested parties on the theme of “Post-Conflict Governance: From World War II to the 21st Century – Lessons Learned (and Relearned)”.
Join us for this unique event over two half-days, as our panels of distinguished experts from Canada, Italy and France discuss and debate topics of great importance.
One of our goals is to engage and interest senior high school students. Therefore, Panel 3 on Day Two will feature high school students having distinguished themselves in an essay writing contest, currently being organized through the Sicilian school system in concert by the Italian Army in Sicily.
Our moderator throughout the conference will be Professor Emanuele Sica, PhD, Department of History, Royal Military College of Canada.
OUR PARTNER ORGANIZATIONS
Note: Timings are shown as Eastern Standard Time in Canada (GMT-5), with Italian timings in parentheses (GMT+1).
Confirmed participating countries
Cyprus, Denmark, Germany, Latvia, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Ukraine, United States
09:30 – 09:35 (15:30 – 15:35)
Moderator: Prof. Emanuele Sica, Royal Military College of Canada
09:35 – 09:50 (15:35 – 15:50)
Welcome and overview of the International Forum on Peace, Security, & Prosperity
President: Mr. Steve Gregory, Honorary Colonel, 2nd Field Regiment, Royal Canadian Artillery
09:50 – 10:50 (15:50 – 16:50)
Panel 1: Historical Experience – Allied Military Government of Occupied Territories in Sicily, 1943
Chair: Prof. Andrea Ungari, PhD, Professor of Contemporary History, Università degli Studi Guglielmo Marconi
- Representing Collège militaire royal de Saint-Jean, Canadian Armed Forces : Dr Luc Lépine, Department of History
- Officer Cadet Cameron Pinto, Collège militaire royal de Saint-Jean
- Italian Military Historian: Magg. Emanuele Di Muro – Army Historical Office
- Representing the Italian Army Academy:
– Prof. Marco Di Giovanni
– Docente dedicato di Storia Militare, Magg. g. (gua.) Salvatore Milana
– “Project Officer”, S.Ten. f. Gabriele Cioffi
– Partecipante 199° Corso, S.Ten. c. Claudio Leone
– Partecipante 199° Corso
10:50-11:00 (16:50 – 17:00)
11:00 – 12:00 (17:00 – 18:00)
Panel 2: Contemporary Experience – Creating the Conditions for Peace, Security & Prosperity in Afghanistan, 2001 to Now
Chair: Brigadier General (Ret’d) Richard Giguère, Senior Fellow, École supérieure d’études internationales, Université Laval, President, Institut militaire de Québec, former Commandant, Canadian Forces College, Toronto
- Dr. Stéfanie von Hlatky, Queen’s University
- Colonel Richard Garon, Canadian Army
- Italian Military Historian, Prof. Gastone Breccia, University of Pavia
- Representing the Italian Naval Academy:
- Prof. Marco Gemignani – Docente di Storia dell’Accademia Navale
- Capitano di Corvetta Giuseppe Lucafo, Comandante al corso ESPERIA
- All.vo 2nd cl. Serena Albrizio
- All.vo 2nd cl. Antonio Giovanni Caprino
12:00 – 12:15 (18:00 – 18:15)
Summary of Day One
Moderator: Prof. Emanuele Sica, RMC of Canada